* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Coordination of maintenance requirements as directed by the Maintenance Manager to support meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals.
1. Coordination of Plant property and equipment maintenance.
2. Ensure the maintenance of all assembly, milling, and finishing equipment.
3. Assists in the development and maintenance of all preventive maintenance programs
4. Maintains inventory of tools, parts, and supplies to support the plant and plant operations.
5. Plan and coordinate department's activities to support SQDC targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customer's expectations.
6. Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
7. Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
8. Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training process
9. Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivates team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements.
10. Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles.
11. Ensures Policies are followed and provides guidance and discipline.
12. Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
13. Establishes individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and performs periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
14. Support and represent company as a union-free environment
15. Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
16. Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
17. Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
18. Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor
Supervision Responsibilities: Will supervise hourly employees in the assigned department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Maintenance Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
· Associates degree in Maintenance/Engineering or related discipline; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
· Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing maintenance experience; wood related preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years of supervision experience; multiple departments
· Must have experience in material flows, continuous improvement practices; and process analysis.
· Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel · Auto-Cad light proficient is a plus
· Track record of successful project management
· Experience in working in a team environment
· Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles
· Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
· Demonstrated problem solving skills
Communications Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals and financial reports. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to production team, plant level team, or public groups.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance recording. Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Working Environment: Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.