* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client - an American multi-national food processing company that procures, transports, stores, processes and merchandises agricultural commodities, products & ingredients - in Decatur IL on their search for a Maintenance Scheduler. As a global leader in human and animal nutrition, as well as the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company, this organization focuses on employing passionate individuals who want to contribute to solving nutritional challenges, and be involved in something greater than themselves, making a lasting impact throughout the world.
A main function of the Maintenance Scheduler will be to serve as a liaison between Production and Maintenance, and ensure that maintenance schedules meet the needs of the production unit.
- Review, validate and document schedule breakers. Initiate schedule breaker work including defining the specific requirements to maintenance/operations supervisor and planners.
- Ensure equipment is ready for maintenance when scheduled; confirm priority and date needed/wanted.
- Coordinate with Production leaders to schedule appropriate Maintenance work groups.
- Support the Maintenance Planner, ensuring that all routine activities are appropriately planned (resources, parts, tooling) and scheduled (with Production and Maintenance.)
- Properly sequence work order activities, assets, resource requirements (using Maximo CMMS) into a daily schedule which will be utilized by Shift Front Line Supervisors to facilitate execution of repair activities.
- Maintain a minimum of a 7-day rolling maintenance schedule (based within the current weekly schedule.)
- Update the planner daily on uncompleted work orders requiring rescheduling.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- 2-year technical degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Maximo CMMS required.
- Detailed understanding of a Manufacturing Plant Operation and Maintenance.
- Experience in industrial electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic applications.
- Experience in process controls and instrumentation applications.
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Maintenance Scheduler
Location: Decatur IL
Client Industry: Food & Beverage
Client Job ID: 1578617