Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for Maintenance Mechanics for their rotating swing shift.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Perform job duties in a way that will adhere with the companies Guiding Principles: Integrity, Continuous Improvement, Ownership, Teamwork, and Accountability.
- Troubleshoot and repair of bottle manufacturing equipment.
- Repair and maintain equipment such as: air compressors; vacuum pumps; water cooling systems; palletizers, conveyors and packaging equipment; electronic inspection equipment; pumps; motors; water treatment; boilers; combustion furnace; dock leveler/locks; etc.
- Work on electrical systems up to 480 volts.
- Troubleshoot and maintain a variety of electronic devices and systems such as but not limited to safety circuits, Allen-Bradley PLC’s, VFD’s, control power circuits and lighting circuits.
- Run conduit and install new electrical circuits.
- Thread and install new plumbing, i.e. black iron, galvanized and copper
- Work with a wide variety of hand tools and power hand tools.
- Ability to use welding and cutting equipment and machine tools.
- Fabricate parts for equipment.
- Working with oils and lubricants and related systems.
- Familiar with concepts and practices for predictive and preventative maintenance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Journeyman Maintenance Mechanic through completion of an Apprenticeship Program plus 2 years additional experience in a manufacturing facility as a Maintenance Mechanic, Industrial Electrician or Electronics Technician.
- Equivalent training and experience to Maintenance/Electrician Apprentice Program.
- Strong industrial electrical troubleshooting is a plus
- Ability to work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Must pass Math and Mechanical Aptitude test to qualify for consideration.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Elmira, NY
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: