* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Maintenance Mechanic reports to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for keeping all mechanical aspects of machinery and building systems operations.
- Conducts mechanical repairs
- Performs mechanical troubleshooting
- Performs minor forklift repair
- Reads and interprets blueprint
- Understands machine parts
- Makes critical decisions for the repair mechanical and light electrical issues
- Fabricates parts on a lathe or mill
- Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Participates in cost savings measures
- Performs other duties as directed by management
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures with a goal of no injuries/accidents
- Responsible for assisting in achieving plant-wide safety goals
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment and conducting a daily 5S audit of work area
Location: Indianapolis, IN (facility is 10 miles NNW of downtown Indianapolis)
Experience Required: Heavy mechanical background is preferred but they will also look at electrical or electronic candidates.
Shift: 2nd (2:30pm – 10:30pm) or 3rd (10:30pm – 6:30pm). Mon – Fri (some weekends). Must be open to both shifts.