* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
- This position is accountable for the timely installation, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of complex plant equipment and facilities that are instrumental in the efficient functioning of automated production lines and a manufacturing facility operating on a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week operation.
- The incumbent is assigned jobs by the supervisor or a superintendent and is expected to complete most jobs, including those of a complex nature, with little to no supervision. The Mechanic "A" works with others on higher skill level jobs, can act as a leader on lower skill level jobs, and may be assigned to a rotating shift.
- All assignments must be carried out under stringent safety and sanitation standards. Quality requirements are constantly monitored, necessitating equipment fabrication and machine operations within specific tolerances and operational specifications to insure the delivery of food products on time and at the lowest cost by conforming exactly to the customer's requirements. Participation of employees in the implementation of improved concepts is encouraged in all production processes.
- Skills required include an advanced journey level proficiency in welding, plumbing, electrical repair, running lathes and milling machines, fabricating and repairing pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Additionally, the incumbent must own and maintain a basic set of hand tools.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs to equipment that has failed in a manner that minimizes downtime.
- During process line downtime, schedule and perform preventative maintenance and equipment repairs
- Fabricate, manufacture or assemble items as indicated on blue prints, sketches or schematics of complex objects and circuitry as requested in work orders.
- Rebuild or remodel highly complex pieces of machinery such as gear boxes, motors, etc.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of parts on hand to facilitate timely repair of equipment.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the proper use of all repair equipment through an on-going training schedule.
- May be assigned to perform specialized job functions eg: auto/forklift mechanic, construction electrician, instrumentation, refrigeration, machinist, electronic specialist etc. Although assigned to a specialized job, the incumbent will be expected to assist in areas outside of that specialty as the need arises.
- Understand safety regulations and procedures on all assignments.