* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a worldwide leader in paints, coatings and related products, in Dallas TX on their search for a Maintenance Mechanic.
With stores, distribution centers and facilities spanning the globe, their dedicated team of 60,000 strong works to deliver the best products to the world. The company has 130 distribution centers, over 4,000 retail locations, and continues to grow in new and exciting ways, challenging teammates to build an innovative career by bringing personal energy and unique perspectives to each new day.
What You Will Do:
This position is accountable for the necessary maintenance duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and production maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. This can include dryers, chillers, thermo oxidizer, HVAC, fire pump, mixers, mills, all filling line equipment, conveyors, wrappers, tanks, motors, pumps, tank washer, tank tipper, dock maintenance, building maintenance and any other item required by management.
- Assists in electrical projects and performs minor electrical repairs
- Understands basic electrical and pneumatic diagrams, familiar with 12 VDC to 480 VAC electrical wiring or circuits and capable of diagnosing 115 VAC control circuitry
- Checks and refills lubricant reservoirs, applies grease to lubricant points, inspects machinery while performing scheduled preventative maintenance
- Operates shop tools, equipment, and as many machines related to maintenance as skill level will permit
- Able to make repairs and adjustments to machinery and assist in dismantling all or parts of machinery to repair or replace defective components
- Assists in pipe fitting tasks and able to perform some installation tasks unassisted
- Performs certain portions of repairs to power industrial equipment, assists in rebuilding of related equipment
- Assists in the installation of new plant equipment
- Maintains production equipment in good operating condition while optimizing equipment uptime to insure the safe and timely manufacture of quality coatings.
- Improves reliability and operating efficiency of plant equipment.
- Conducts preventive maintenance tasks in a timely manner to insure operation of all equipment, in an efficient and safe manner.
- Must have at least one year of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
- The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- 2 or more years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferred
- Industrial, electrical or welding certifications, and/or a post-secondary/technical degree is preferred
- Basic electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic theory
- Knowledge of PLC programming is preferred
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Dallas TX
Client Industry: Retail Manufacturing
Client Job ID: 1578847