* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Maintenance Mechanic will perform duties to maintain and repair a variety of production and plant facility equipment and assist manager with ordering parts, standardizing components, and maintaining repair parts inventories.
Work from daily job assignments, prints, schematics, wiring diagrams, facility check sheet, machine manuals, sketches, preventive maintenance check sheet, and instructions:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment breakdowns involving mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components.
- Tear down equipment, rebuild and replace defective parts and component units such as: motors, gearboxes, clutches, bearings and electrical units as needed, reassemble and make final equipment adjustments.
- Perform regular checks on all building equipment such as sprinkler systems, pumps, chillers, compressors, and power systems as required.
- Work closely with production personnel on equipment repairs.
- Set short term priorities in responding to plant breakdowns and emergency situations and work on off shifts as directed.
- Perform program changes and make diagnostic checks on production and facility equipment as needed, to backup to Maintenance helper.
- Fabricate and machine parts as required and requisition repair parts as needed.
- Maintain plant water treatment system and equipment, take samples as scheduled and make adjustments as needed.
- Layout circuits and install electrical wiring systems to handle required loads for various parts of the plant, run lines, make connections, install proper safety devices, and provide for necessary outlets and switches.
- Install and hook-up manufacturing equipment, exercising care as to the size of motors, voltage requirements, and balance circuits for proper power distribution.
- Perform periodic tests or checks of all electrical equipment including switches, sprinkler alarms, clocks, auto call unit, and motors for proper operation.
- Perform repairs and calibrate electrical and/or electronic instruments such as heat controls, timers, relays, and delays.
- Assist outside contractors on on-site projects.
Use lathe, milling machine drill press, grinders, hand power tools, micrometers, calipers, multimeter continuity probes, oscilloscope, pH test equipment, forklift truck, platform lift, welding equipment, measuring tools, hand power tools and a variety of hand tools.