* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Lead a team of professionals to maximize reliability of plant equipment while ensuring employee safety and product quality. Incorporating the World Class Manufacturing techniques and principles into all maintenance systems, this position will directly supervise the Maintenance Supervisor, Planner, Store Room Coordinator, Mechanics and Electricians in the installation, maintenance, repair and/or replacement of plant equipment, building and machinery.
- Provide leadership to all employees within the Maintenance department, including direction of the Professional Maintenance (PM), Early Equipment Maintenance (EEM) Pillars. Progressively improves the Professional Maintenance status of all equipment on a prioritized basis using WCM techniques and practices.
- Directly leads employees using team building, coaching, and teaching skills and knowledge of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) to lead the PM activities in expansion of lean manufacturing to all areas of the plant. Identifies and executes development for the maintenance team in both technical and soft skills. Ensures the sustainability of completed improvements by the maintenance team.
- Works with maintenance lead personnel and the maintenance planner to ensure correct prioritization and timely completion of all work orders and sets out work on a weekly or day to day basis. Works with planners and stores room coordinator to ensure spares holding is optimized and coherent with the Professional Maintenance equipment requirements.
- Has extensive latitude for non-reviewed actions and the exercise of independent judgment and discretion within established policies and procedures. Must obtain prior approval for significant changes to the approved maintenance budget or plans. Internal contacts involve all plant teams in the coordination and scheduling of plant repairs, equipment modifications or installations; purchasing and accounting personnel.
- Accountable for safe maintenance activities. Will promote, teach and improve safety systems and procedures to employees and contractors such as LOTO, permits to work, safety audits etc.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering) or 10+ years of equivalent training and experience.
- 6-8 years of maintenance experience in an Industrial Environment; 2 years of direct supervision experience
- Knowledge of plant engineering/maintenance disciplines (automated control systems, programmable logic controllers, safety regulations and practices and professional industrial maintenance experience in a continuous process environment)
- Experience with 5s, reliability centered maintenance techniques and lean manufacturing
Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Nashville AR
Client Job ID: 1588037