Plant Engineer and Reliability Manager
Location: Owensboro, KY
The Plant Engineer and Reliability Manager’s responsibilities include technical support for the facility, capital project planning and implementation, technical training, and direction of the Engineering & Maintenance Teams. This position leads departments in the development and execution of a five year capital plan, manages associated projects and budgets, supports the efficient usage of facility M&R budgets, and organizes and directs the vision and development of the Engineering & Maintenance Team.
As our Plant Engineer and Reliability Manager, one’s responsibilities are, however, not limited to, the following:
- Ensure operations achieves the highest efficiency and quality possible through support of capital planning, systems controls, general engineering, project management and overall maintenance. Provide engineering expertise to introduce new equipment and systems to enhance operations. Plan and implement improvements working with department managers and employees on joint problem solving techniques.
- Reviews new product initiatives and determines best method for production and equipment needed with other Engineering Dept members; oversees purchases of equipment at best price; and oversees installation and startup; provides ongoing engineering expertise to maximize output and minimize downtime.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations through management of the Engineering and Maintenance department to achieve targeted operational uptime in support of delivering product to the customer that meets quality standards and is delivered on time and within budget.
- Leads the Engineering and Maintenance department in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensures employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment that supports productive employee relations and where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Supports the safety program through engineering safety into every project. Addresses safety issues through ongoing preventive maintenance, ensures maintenance and engineering employees and all contractors adhere to all safety rules; ensures all engineering and maintenance employees participate in required and recommended safety training programs.
- Perform job in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company procedures and applicable rules and regulations.
- Consult with operations team on cost savings projects applying engineering expertise to recommend new methodologies and equipment to ensure production efficiency, maximize output and prevent downtime without sacrificing quality.
- Conduct performance discussions with all Engineering staff and Maintenance Supervisors to improve skills and performance of all employees in Engineering. Evaluates, trains and develops Engineering and Maintenance department employees. Creates and develops a personal development plan with the Plant Manager to improve a skill/competency leading to improved performance.
- Ensure adherence to all Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Drive continuous improvement efforts within the Engineering and Maintenance department and throughout the operation. Provides engineering expertise to analyze and resolve problems relating to product quality and operational efficiency.
- Engineering or related degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Requires Management experience
- Requires Experience managing in a union environment