* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling the production maintenance activities throughout the plant and overseeing the maintenance support provided to the production operations in the areas of preventive, corrective and project/special maintenance.
- Build and maintain a high level team of maintenance technicians
- Mentor and train your team on a daily and consistent basis. Mentor and train new and existing maintenance technicians.
- Supervise installation and maintenance of all process, production and auxiliary equipment
- Be able to recommend new vendors and optimized resources to reduce operating costs of equipment.
- Managers monitor the performance of all members of your team and give appropriate counseling and feedback, including annual reviews.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, 5-S and Quality initiatives.
- Assure sufficient supply of required equipment and material for effective performance and initiate purchase orders as needed. Assure maintenance of necessary data, records and reports
- Maximize, manage, and maintain Clariant’s PM system (Maintenance Express) ensuring PM program is fully effective
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and running the changeover team and being involved in lean and six sigma training techniques to drive changeover times to an optimized level.
- Responsible for maintaining machinery and equipment to ensure maximum efficiency, effectiveness and reliability
- Perform necessary analysis, estimate and preparation of all maintenance work such as repairs, modification, improvement and new installation.
- Ensure participation and cooperation in company implemented ESHA programs. Follow all company safety rules
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree or equivalent from 2 year college or technical school strongly preferred.
- 10-15 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 to 10 years’ PLC & electrical troubleshooting with Allen Bradly & Siemens controls, PLC programming is a plus
- 2 years proven management experience required
- Leadership skills and great communication skills, and desire to be in a team atmosphere.
- Quick learner with new equipment.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement initiatives, such as Kaizen, 5-S and Lean Manufacturing, a plus
- Strong computer skills are required. A good understanding of MS Office Applications.