We are proud to be partnering with our client, a 150 year old, multi-billion dollar industry leader on a Technical Manager opening to be located at their large plant near the Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri border (relocation assistance available). This is an important role for our client as they are looking for a polished leader to lead capital projects, maintenance, and batch manufacturing for one of their largest plants in the organization and we are seeking someone who has worked in large, fast-paced operations.
The Technical Manager will drive capital projects, quality, safety, and product development within a site with up to 400 employees. In addition to project & Engineering responsibilities, this Manager will oversee a team of over 20 staff including Managers, Supervisors, and others. We are looking for someone with experience within a fast-paced, high-volume manufacturing environment with strong knowledge in packaging equipment, material handling, and building systems.
Technical Manager Responsibilities
- Provide oversight to the plant’s Engineering, Maintenance, and Batch Manufacturing (Formulation) teams.
- Lead capital projects within the site from start to finish within defined cost and time objectives.
- Ensure all Engineering and Maintenance work adheres to company and governmental standards.
- Manage the budget for capital projects along with the Engineering & Maintenance team budgets.
- Identify areas to drive continuous improvement throughout the facility.
- Responsible for strategic oversight of maintenance & repairs for manufacturing equipment and building systems.
Technical Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering, Operations or a related field is required.
- Previous management experience is required.
- Proven experience successfully leading maintenance teams.
- Relevant experience with leading capital projects from cradle-to-grave.
- Knowledge of high-speed packaging machinery, material handling systems, or batch manufacturing equipment is highly preferred.