* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience *
What You Will Do:
Responsible for investigating and problem solving plant reliability issues utilizing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) techniques and principles. Will support maintenance teams in the rationalization, planning and scheduling of maintenance activities to drive improved sustainable plant reliability. Will also provide leadership in the implementation and support of plant process modifications.
- Reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Provides an accident free worksite while maintaining status as the preferred supplier of quality products and services with a goal of world class yield, availability and reliability.
- Responsibilities include designing and developing new process systems, revising / maintaining existing processes; developing and implementing WCM projects, managing and guiding contractors, consultants and suppliers; identifying new opportunities and solutions with cost/ benefit analysis and making recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Provides input into planning and scheduling of projects and preparing capital expenditures.
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing and implementing assigned installation, maintenance and repair activities and coordinating with other departments to assure minimum downtime for production and maximum safety of employees.
- Performs root cause analysis as well as implements sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance.
- Uses basic Focused Improvement (FI) tools to solve special cause maintenance issue.
- Ensures Professional Maintenance (PM) is accomplished in a timely manner and are to a high standard of quality.
- Work with maintenance supervisor to develop PM’s that drive improved reliability.
- Interacts with managers and supervisors at plant and corporate personnel to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects; works with Production and Engineering Managers to coordinate any proposed changes.
- Support Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in the development of equipment ledgers and problem solving.
- Develops and maintains standard operating and maintenance procedures, and work instructions; maintains records of plant and individual equipment performance.
- Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts.
- Implement and support the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Supports Autonomous Maintenance through training of operators and ensuring that equipment basic conditions are maintained. Provides training for operators and maintenance personnel.
- Analyzes / stratifies accurate data and information from records to prepare reports, statistics, etc. in support of continuous improvement of reliability.
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree (Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline) or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prefer experience with the sciences of heat transfer and flow of solids, liquids and powder, P&ID, Equipment Layout Drawings, grinding, conveying, mixing, forming, design optimization & troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of WCM, EEM, Kaizens, Lean, TPM, Root Cause, PFMEA & DFMEA toolsets preferable.
Title: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Carrolton KY
Client Job ID: 1588292