Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a 2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
The role of Department Manager, Maintenance is to provide maintenance support to the DC Operation on their specified shift. This person is also responsible for a team of up to 10 hourly technicians. This person will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the activities of the maintenance personnel.
- Directly oversee the repair and maintenance of facility and all equipment.
- Assign and regularly audit work orders to ensure safety and production related work orders are highest priority.
- Assist maintenance associates with diagnosis and repairs regularly.
- Manage CMMS to ensure all data base information, PM’s, work orders and parts inventory are current and accurate.
- Create CMMS reports to show teams performance and indicate priority parts needed.
- Contact vendors for quotes and/or technical information to maintain working relationships with suppliers, vendors and contractors as necessary.
- Support for quarterly physical inventory count and maintaining part locations to ensure proper labeling and par levels.
- Interact with facility management to ensure maintenance needs are met. Tour facility daily to ensure the condition of the facility is maintained.
- Train and re-train associates as necessary regarding audit findings or other opportunities to ensure regular, proper, safe completion of all maintenance tasks.
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager and the Human Resources Manager, carry out disciplinary actions and/or recommend termination of employment as appropriate.
- Share and provide appropriate information and anticipate information needs of associates.
- Provide regular feedback and information to the maintenance manager through shift hand – offs, email or phone to ensure regular communication is maintained.
Previous experience of running a team with a CMMS application. Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance including best safety practices. Strong leadership, administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills. Good analytical ability to gather and interpret information and develop, recommendations, and implement solutions. Electrical/electronic background and experience with conveyors, welding, air compressors, scanners, electronic controls or industrial building maintenance required. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals is key. Familiarity with Radio Frequency and pick-to-light systems is desired.
Title: 2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Stockton, CA
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: