* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience *
- 12 Week Program – Learn how to manage P&L, KPIs, and Client Contracts; you will be given a mentor throughout the process
- Must be local or have ability to relocate into one of the below locations as needs arise
- Must be able to travel during the 3 month training period
Locations: Southern IL, Chicago, MI-OH border, Indiana
What You Will Do:
Manages location operations and provides staff oversight. Represents company with school administrators for all communications, excluding contract negotiations. Directly supervises staff and manages efficient location performance.
- Manage operational expenses to optimize costs; ensure purchases (including parts) follow company processes and policies.
- Explain budget variances; maximize all charter revenue; manage injury and collision claims.
- Provides accurate timely operational and financial reporting as requested.
- Ensure facilities and buses are maintained to safety and applicable regulatory standards; ensure safety practices and applicable regulations are obeyed.
- Sets accurate scheduled hours for routes.
- Minimizes route drive times and mileage while adhering to contractual and regulatory mandates; efficiently uses stand-by drivers; minimizes driver labor schedule; tracks and addresses labor variances.
- Drives employee engagement and recognition.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and maintenance
- 3-5 years management experience
- 3-5 years transportation experience
- Work extended hours regularly, including weekends
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good verbal, written, and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials, and general public
Title: Location Manager in Training
Client Job ID: 1590697