* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Job Overview: Manages location operations and provides staff oversight. Represents company with school administrators for all communications, excluding contract negotiations. Directly supervises staff and manages efficient performance of the location.
1) Manages operational expenses to optimize all cost per bus.
2) Explains budget variances.
3) Maximizes all charter revenue.
4) Manages injury and collision claims.
5) Ensures safety practices and applicable regulations are obeyed by all employees.
6) Ensures facilities and buses are maintained to safety and applicable regulatory standards, including environmental standards, i.e., idling time.
7) Sets accurate scheduled hours for routes.
8) Minimizes route drive times and mileage while adhering to contractual and regulatory mandates.
9) Tracks and addresses labor variances.
10) Efficiently uses stand-by drivers.
11) Minimizes driver labor schedule.
12) Provides accurate timely operational and financial reporting as requested.
13) Ensures purchases (including parts) follow company processes and policies.
14) Drives employee engagement and recognition.
• Location staff decisions (including maintenance)
• Fleet excess identification
• Driver operations
• Administrative operations
Education: 4 year degree or equivalent experience
Experience & Skills Required:
• 3-5 years previous management experience.
• 3-5 years experience in transportation