Our client, a midsize full-service firm in Northern Indiana, is seeking a midlevel attorney with 3-6 years of legal experience to assist with their Litigation practice. (The partner the candidate will be primarily supporting is the Chair of the firm’s Litigation Practice group). Candidate can have either civil or commercial litigation background. The candidate should be interested in assuming a partnership-level role in the next 5 years.
Selling points include no billable hour requirement (i.e. flexible schedule on cases assigned or brought in), accelerated partnership track potential (within 5 years of joining, prior outside lateral associates hired by the firm have been promoted to partner) and potential for cross-collaboration between practice groups to build a long-term clientele base. (Lateral associates and partners with portable business also encouraged to apply if the candidate is looking to move their practice).
Required & Preferred Qualifications
- At least 3-6 years of litigation experience (preferably in a midsize or large firm setting)
- Must be barred in Indiana or eligible for admission via waiver
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and work both independently on cases and seamlessly collaborate with supervising partners
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be willing to gain exposure to the firm’s other practice groups as needed (i.e. business law, T&E, etc.)
- Ideal candidate will have ties to South Bend, IN area (and will consider candidates looking to relocate to the South Bend area).
- Academic credentials from a Top 100 law school preferred.
This is an amazing opportunity for a talented associate attorney to join an established and collaborative firm with over 100 years of history focused on delivering top legal representation to a large clientle, and not on billing hours.
Qualified candidates only, please submit your resume