* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Level 2 Maintenance Technician shall be limited by the assigned responsibilities as directed by the Service Manager. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his or her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the services we provide to our Customers. Adheres to Company safety regulations and precautions related to work performed.
- Establishes service by studying system requirements, and ordering and gathering components and parts in support of the job as directed by the most senior tech assigned to the Job.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing Company forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities presented by the Company; reading professional publications.
- The L2 Technician will perform and at the direction of the senior tech onsite, performing preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance as requested.
- He/She may perform electrical work in repairing and replacing Company required equipment
- Perform mechanical work in repairing the mechanical systems associated with the Company provided equipment.
- He/She will assist in performing physical labor work in repairing and replacing Company required equipment under strict supervision of the senior tech assigned to the job. Ability to perform physically strenuous tasks, stand for long periods, climb ladders and work from high places, and bend, stoop, reach, lift and move at least seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include after-hours with resulting return to duty. Ability to travel to and from various locations using personal and company provided vehicles. Ability to learn and carry out the primary accountabilities of the assigned position.
- Ability to perform work inside and/or outside to include being exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration, mechanical hazards, electrical hazards, and chemical hazards.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, semi darkness or poor lighting conditions, tight confines, and/or isolation.
Location: San Jose, CA. Need to be within 30 miles of San Jose airport.
Experience required: Electrical background with some mechanical experience. O-level Avionics and Aviation Electricians have done well. Must have a clean driving record (no DUI/suspended license).
Shift: Schedule is Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, nights and weekends as needed.
Travel: 80% local / 20% overnight