Title: Legal Recruiting Manager
Location: Washington, D.C.
Lucas Group Job ID: 1567867
Role Overview: Lucas Group is looking for a Legal Recruiting Manager in Washington, DC for an international law firm. This person will need to have strong working knowledge and skills in legal sourcing and full lifecycle recruiting, screening, and experience conducting interviews in conjunction with the firm partners and management team. This person must be administratively strong, a self-starter, and able to drive performance and success in a metrics-driven environment. They will head up recruiting for the associates, on-campus law school recruiting, summer associates, and coordinate day-to-day recruiting efforts. They will be joining a dynamic team that is focused on business growth. This position will report to the recruiting director.
- Develop recruiting strategies that meet anticipated staffing needs, leading the recruiting team in these day-to-day strategies.
- Search for job candidates using various sources such as databases, internet recruiting resources, networking, job fairs, media advertisements, recruiting firms or employee referrals.
- Select and screen job applicants, confirm their qualifications and refer them to hiring managers, making recommendations when appropriate. Manage lateral associate counsel hiring, on-campus law school recruiting, and summer associate hiring.
- Interview job applicants as part of the screening process to get information on their work history, job skills, training and education, and inform them of the position’s duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits and working conditions.
- Walk candidates through the full life-cycle recruitment process, including onboarding, to ensure quick and effective hiring.
- Analyze employment data related to the position and create reports based on your findings.
- Contact applicants to inform them of their application statuses and conduct background or reference checks on job applicants, particularly those who will be given job offers.
- At least 3 years as a legal recruiter.
- Experience with high volume, metrics-driven recruiting tactics. Proven success in this area is key and must be evident in the hiring process.
- Experience managing a legal recruiting process is integral.
- Excellent communication and people skills, with demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with all levels of employees and leaders.
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 16 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.