Lucas Group is exclusively working with a tech company that is seeking a Counsel to join its legal team. While this company is still in growth-mode and has an innovative, start-up culture, it has already enjoyed tremendous success. It has earned over a billion in revenue, counts many Fortune500 companies among its hundreds of thousands of customers, and has won countless industry awards.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Deputy General Counsel and will work on a wide variety of legal issues, ranging from commercial contracts, compliance, marketing and sales contracts, to privacy, employment, and intellectual property matters. The person will also work on a variety of research and policy-related projects, as requested by the General Counsel and business partners. The role will interact at all levels in the organization and is based in Atlanta, Georgia. While the person in this role will need to live in the Atlanta area and come into the office on a weekly basis, you would have flexibility to work remotely much of the time.
While you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and tackle matters that may not have been previously in your wheelhouse, the Deputy General Counsel will work closely with you as you acclimate from the law firm world to the inhouse/tech world. She has an excellent track record for mentoring and training attorneys and others at the company.
- Negotiate commercial contracts and amendments for North America, Latin America and South America and work with the regional legal team on legal aspects of sales bids.
- Work on global Procurement matters, contracts, and policy related to the same.
- Assist the Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel with other matters that may arise, including, but not limited to, advice and research in support of business objectives, marketing campaigns, privacy, and compliance matters.
- 4+ years of experience working on sophisticated transactions, including, but not limited to, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, securities, finance, or other complex corporate matters. Commercial contracts, tech transactions, and/or data privacy, experience are a plus but not required.
- A Juris Doctor, stellar academic credentials, and good standing with a bar association is required.
To learn more about this role please submit your resume in confidence.
Lucas Group and our clients provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination of any type without regard to, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.