* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Lead Plant Operator is given the responsibility for independently operating an expensive and complex facility and to maintain effective communications with the energy team and our customer. They proactively seek out improvements to safety routines and strive to improve plant cleanliness. The successful candidate must be willing to be a productive member of a small, close-knit team. The Lead Operator leads the other operators and provides strength to the operating personnel while under the direction of the Assistant Plant Manager. Performs and for coordinates the maintenance activities of the plant. Assists in operation, training and orientation and ensures coverage of operating shifts when a fellow operator is absent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides initiative necessary to perpetuate the operation of the central plant when the Assistant Plant Manager and where appropriate, the Plant Manager are absent.
- Ensures coverage of an operating shift when a fellow operator is absent, or a vacancy exists.
- Assists the Assistant Plant Manager in performance evaluation of fellow operators.
- Walk plant hourly and record equipment parameters (temperatures, pressures, electrical meters).
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Start and stop equipment and operate valves according to procedure.
- Perform water chemistry testing on various systems.
- Present themselves in a clean, neat, professional manner in the company uniform.
- Improve cleanliness of the Central Energy Plant and all associated equipment.
- Understand and utilize safety procedures and equipment; and recommends improvements.
- Complete ongoing OSHA basic safety training.