* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Provide leadership and supervision across multiple production & packaging lines to ensure people & food safety as well as achieving manufacturing efficiency goals.
- Will be significantly involved in the SAFE process to maintain commitment to safety. Coach employees on all aspects of their job duties in the safest manner possible.
- Responsible for coaching and developing team members. Facilitates team problem solving, decision making, fair & timely disciplinary action and conflict resolution.
- Supports adherence to production and packaging schedules and distributes crewing. Works with other team members to reach budgeted line rates, prevent out of specification production, direct maintenance activities, manage raw material changes, and when necessary, uses the hold process to prevent out of specification product from reaching the customer.
- Accountable for team problem solving, decision making, fair and timely disciplinary action, and conflict resolution. Ensures performance appraisals and progress reports are done in a timely manner. Facilitates the communication between shifts and teams. Work with Line Owners and Continuous Improvement Coordinators to ensure crew is properly trained and cross trained.
- Acts as on-shift representative for all emergency response coordination, and compliance to Company policies (drug/alcohol, attendance, EEO, etc.). Responds to personnel issues as needed and conducts thorough investigations and coordinates results/issues.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years manufacturing related experience; (in lieu of degree, 5+ years related experience.)
- 12-hour rotating shifts (day & night schedule, every other weekend off.)
- Lean manufacturing knowledge and skills
- Manufacturing and process knowledge
- Working knowledge of workplace safety and GMP regulations
- PREFERRED: Knowledge of database software; ADP; IFS (ERP) software; excel spreadsheet software and word processing software.
Title: Lead Manufacturing Specialist
Location: Rexburg ID
Client Job ID: 1580992