Our client is seeking an go-getter Law Firm Administrator! As a law firm administrator, you are responsible for the bookkeeping, human resources, and office management of a law firm. You oversee the staffing of non-attorney personnel, such as legal assistants and paralegals. Your job duties include pairing paralegals with attorneys, running payroll and managing the budget, ordering supplies, writing up contracts, and promoting the law firm. This includes not only strategic planning, project management, and critical administrative and financial oversight, but also playing a key leadership role in shaping and sustaining firm culture.
The position encompasses a wide range of activities with involvement in all phases of administration, personnel, finances, facilities, and business systems. We need someone with the experience and maturity to work closely with the Owner and key staff on strategy, policy, problem- solving, and decision-making. This position will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the day-to-day operations of the Firm, and for directing the implementation of Firm policies.
Experience with 10+ people and budgets of $3,000,000 or more preferred.
Additional Responsibilities include:
· Human resources: recruiting and on-boarding, salary administration, employee relations, employee benefits and 401(k) administration. Supervise non-legal staff and professionals.
· Facilities: maintain security system database and supervise and maintain vendor relationships.
· Point of contact for all non-legal business relationships.
· IT: in coordination with in-house and outside support personnel.
· Bachelor’s Degree, focus in business, HR or accounting a plus
· Excellent judgment, leadership and decision-making skills.
· Previous law firm management experience
· Proven track record of project and change management
· Must be a self-starter who is flexible and able to multi-task
· Superior communication skills
· Outstanding computer skills and a high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Experience with Aderant Expert a plus