Lucas Group has partnered with our laboratory client in Las Vegas on their search for a laboratory manager. Relocation cost reimbursement is a possibility for the right candidate. Our client is the leading independent testing laboratory in the medical and recreational adult use cannabis and hemp industry in the Las Vegas area.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The laboratory manger will oversee and manage all chemistry assays and work daily side by side with the laboratory Scientific Director
The Lab Manager is responsible for the planning and operational performance of the assigned laboratory. This role oversees the day-to-day operations and ensures compliance standards for quality and safety. The Lab Manager is accountable for knowing and following all Company policies and standards, leads by example, and lives our values while supporting our rapid organizational growth.
The ideal candidate will have either industrial or academic experience (5/10 years) with instruments and techniques that include liquid and gas chromatography (HPLC-DAD, LC-MS, GC-MS), trace metal analysis (ICPMS) and/or wet chemistry techniques. Successful candidates will be familiar with good laboratory practices and work closely with our lab analysts, technicians and management team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the team with dynamic leadership that promotes an environment of support, development, engagement, and high productivity. This includes, but is not limited to, coaching, performance management, ensuring productivity, disciplinary action, cross-training, rewards and recognition.
- Manage daily lab operations, including production, process evaluation, and monitoring. Daily Data verification and final review
- Ensure compliance with laboratory policies and procedures, state regulations, and ISO-17025 quality management system.
- Assist Scientific Director with analytical method development and validation
- Experience working with the following Agilent instrumentation: GC/MS-FID, ICP/MS, HPLC, LC/MS/MS and GC/MS/MS
- Able to Set up, run, maintain and troubleshoot GC (GCMS, GCMSMS) and LC (HPLC DAD, LCMSMS)
- Supervises, trains, tasks and motivates crew members and leads team Ensures consistency and efficacy of product through quality control testing and procedures.
- Partner with the Quality Assurance Team to assure method and SOP compliance.
- Reviews and approves all SOPs and policies prior to their implementation
- Ensuring that SOPs are followed, maintained and improved as well as meet regulatory requirements
- Purchasing of lab supplies and equipment as needed
- Responsible for oversight of all building maintenance issues and reporting these to the Executive Team
- Ensure test equipment is clean, maintained and in good working order
- Experience working with qPCR is a bonus.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong understanding of standard laboratory protocol and experience working with cannabis laboratory analytical equipment (i.e. HPLC, GC-MSMS, LCMSMS, ICP-MS)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively work, influence, problem solve, and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional analytical skills with effective judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced deadline environment and maintain composure during challenging and/or complex situations
- Ability to maintain high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Agilent instruments software (Mass Hunter, open lab and chemstation) strongly desired.
- knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- 5-10 years of full-time practical experience in an analytical chemistry setting; or a doctorial or master’s degree in biological, chemical or related sciences from an accredited university or college, plus at least 2 years of full-time experience.
- Working experience in environmental, food safety or forensic laboratories preferred, experience working with a wide range of analytical testing protocols.
- Professional expertise and experience with HPLC, GC, GC/MS or ICPMS.
- Experience with ISO/IEC 17025 or similar accreditation processes.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Science , Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Physics, Engineering or Environmental Sciences required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant laboratory operations and leadership experience.
- Advanced knowledge of principles, terminology, practices, techniques, and instrumentation commonly used in a laboratory setting required.
- Exposure to the cannabis industry desired.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Degree: BA or Masters
- Work Experience: 5-10 years in a lab setting
Title: Laboratory Manager
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Client Industry: healthcare, laboratory, cannabis
Lucas Group ID: 1583212