* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet products, on their search for a K2 Tech 4 in Kalamazoo MI.
With almost 19,000 employees in more than 70 locations around the globe, the company strives to be environmentally responsible, committed to workplace diversity, and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best.
What You Will Do:
Schedules are 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Utilize Mill tools & techniques to identify, document and properly address workplace hazards.
- Participates in Lockout/Tagout procedures (LOTO), including performing, auditing, and improving LOTO.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance of operator documentation involving all aspects of the assigned machines. This includes, but not limited to, production reports, specification verification, quality requirements, machine logbooks, checklists, department safety, quality & production audits.
- Utilize OBGs and KPIs to monitor and adjusts machine settings to maximize production, quality and minimize waste.
- Completes activities of assigned crew as directed by Tech 1 along with department managers and supervisors.
- Operates Forklift to retrieve supplies and removes paper debris from floor.
- Retrieves and distributes supplies from Stores for crew
- Complies with all company and department safety, quality, productivity and security procedures.
- Follow quality procedures for roll disposition and Standard Operating Procedures for correcting
- Perform standard pulp and papermaking process and final product testing as required.
- Understands and monitors the 5S system and takes full ownership of working environment.
- Perform routine and basic machine maintenance to include but not limited to: oiling, greasing and cleaning, replacing belts, etc.
- Notify supervisor or Tech 1 immediately when a problem occurs with the equipment or paper as well as follow all company rules and procedures
- Monitor and make adjustment to the equipment, including visual checks for crossed ropes, machine jams, and other equipment malfunctions.
- Assists crew during paper breaks in threading the paper and clean up debris per the SOP.
- Understand the location of process lines, isolation valves and control valves and other critical equipment in the Dry End Pulping, rope run & dryer conveying systems.
- Participate in crew safety and continuous improvement meetings.
- Fill in for Tech 3 as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to establish a strong working relationship with all team members.
- This position warrants continuous walking, twisting, bending, stooping, frequent stair climbing and lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in an environment that is dusty, noisy, hot and humid.
- Must be able to work any shift and work overtime with short notice.
- Must be able to visually identify quality issues.
- Must be able to think "outside the box" and collect and utilize data in decision making.
- Required to gain Continue Education Credits (CEC) through training and online learning modules within and outside GPI
- Must have adequate working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows SAP, PARCview and any other pertinent operating system.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Technical or college degree preferred
- Industrial Manufacturing experience, paper making experience preferred
- OSHA 10 Hour certification. 30 Hour certification preferred
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: K2 Tech 4
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Client Industry: Packaging & Containers
Client Job ID: 1578953