Our client is a Fortune 500 organization searching for a Jr. Structural Engineer for their large campus in Central Illinois (relocation offered). This is an exciting role as you will work a stable organization on a variety of industrial structures and foundations. The ideal candidate will have experience in steel manufacturing buildings in the areas of soy or corn processing, bio-diesel, ethanol, co-generation power plants, corn mills, or vegetable oil refineries in addition to be comfortable with AutoCAD, Revit, and other design software.
Jr. Structural Engineer Responsibilities
- The Jr. Structural Engineer will be responsible for the design and analysis of multi-story industrial structural steel building.
- Additional design work will be including but not limited to storage tanks, pipe bridge, pile & drilled shaft, and equipment support.
- Work will be done on both new buildings and retrofits of existing structures or buildings.
- Participate in structural inspections for steel & concrete.
- Interact with Project Managers, other Engineers, external contractors, and internal employees on design work & projects.
Jr. Structural Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Structural Engineering, or another Engineering discipline with a Structural Engineering focus.
- A minimum of two or more years of experience as a Structural Engineer.
- A P.E. or S.E. license is preferred but not required.
- Broad knowledge of industrial structures.
- Preferred experience in soy or corn processing, bio-diesel, ethanol, co-generation power plants, corn mills, or vegetable oil refineries.
- Experience in RISA programs: AutoCAD, Revit, or RISA.