Our client, a nationally ranked IP law firm, is currently looking to add a Technical Specialist or Patent Agent to its Minneapolis office. The candidate should have experience with preparation of patents within the medical device industry, and a background in chemical or biomedical engineering (advanced degree a plus).
This firm will also consider Junior IP Associates with up to 3 years of experience, but IP Support Candidates with several years of experience in the above areas are preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications (or at least 2 years experience in the medical device industry or medical device patent applications)
- Must have a background in chemical engineering or biomedical engineering (or a closely related field)
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and work both independently and in a team environment
- Must be registered to practice before the USPTO
- Must be admitted to the Minnesota Bar in good standing (if Jr Associate)
- Experience as a scientific advisor in a law firm is a plus
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes in confidence to AStephens@lucasgroup.com for consideration.