IT Systems Admin Job – Job #1569734
Lucas Group is working with a Private Equity firm that is looking to add a System Administrator to the team, who will primarily be involved with providing end user support globally as well as monitoring server and network issues . The System Administrator Analyst will be the first point of contact when employees request support. As the first point of contact, the System Administrator Analyst will aim to resolve the issue, escalate as needed, and keep the support ticketing system updated.
- Handle day-to-day end user support, including installing and configuring software and hardware, setting up accounts and workstations, and troubleshooting issues and outages.
- IT systems monitoring, maintenance, upgrades, diagnostics, and resolution of issues with server and network equipment; participate in after business hours operational maintenance activities and deployments.
- Train employees on new technology as it is deployed and support on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain inventory of hardware and software assets.
- Engage and interact with vendors while multi-tasking/handling multiple issues simultaneously.
- Ensure that security and confidentiality of data is strictly maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology-focused major; MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, or similar certification a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the investment management industry (Private Equity, a plus) with substantial engineering and operations knowledge supporting Windows and Apple technologies with networking and telecom understanding.
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows server operating systems, network administration, and support.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable communicating with senior management.
- Provide superior customer service for all colleagues across firm’s global offices; ability to work flexible hours as required with various time zone differences.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, analytically inclined, and capable to logically troubleshoot issues starting with the most likely failure point.
Permanent job in New York City