Lucas Group has partnered with a growing organization in the Pharmaceutical industry seeking an IT Director of Manufacturing Systems on a direct-hire basis.
This role will be an influential leader helping the company transforming business operations while leading change management for the digital workforce across Americas Manufacturing region. It will provide leadership to deliver technology strategies that support efficiency, safety and quality while eliminating waste and human error. This role will have impact and influence within the Americas region for Manufacturing spanning 6 plants within the network.
- Build a collaborative partnership with technology and functional domain stakeholders. Deliver comprehensive technology solutions that address prioritized business problems and innovation needs.
- Work with domain senior leadership and make contributions to develop and execute domain strategy.
- Drive opportunities to improve process and/or technology through automation.
- Make key decisions that are guided by established strategies and priorities. Influence operating policies and procedures that affect the domain. Interpret enterprise-wide policies, processes and procedures that may affect teams and domain workflow.
- Manage a team(s) of managers and senior managers who have significant latitude and autonomy in their assignments.
- Contribute to the development of the domain resource management strategy and organizational structure.
- Build collaborative relationships and effectively interact with business and/or technology senior leaders.
- Assess talent at the sites and actively coach and hold accountable site leaders to develop and move talent to support growing business needs and address talent deficiencies swiftly.
- Drive functional consistency and expertise (Packaging, DP/DS/Device manufacturing, Bio, API)
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years of experience.
- Masters degree with work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to drive outstanding employee performance and engagement through developing, coaching, motivating, energizing and inspiring team members.
- Experience managing teams of at least 10 people with a resource mix of managers, employees, matrixed teams, virtual teams, contractors and managed service providers.
- Subject matter expert in technology and/or business domain.
- Experience managing a budget of at least $10 million.
- Experience in technology operation, strategy, planning and implementation and/or relevant business domain preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in manufacturing/Supply Chain function(s) and 4 years’ experience in plant manufacturing operation of a facility