Lucas Group has partnered with a growing manufacturing company in the Chicagoland area seeking an IT Director with strong skills in ERP systems and IT Security.
The IT Director will provide vision and leadership for the information technology platform. The IT Director will lead the Company in planning, enhancing and exploiting the information & technology systems, as appropriate, to support all business operations, achieve more effective and cost beneficial enterprise-wide operations, and facilitate company growth.
- Manage the implementation of new information systems, as needed.
- Approve, coordinate and control all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information systems. Provide advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Evaluate systems to measure their success.
- Review all hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts, soliciting involvement and participation of other management team members as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
- Develop master purchase or lease agreements for hardware, software, maintenance and telecommunication services.
- Develop and monitor the approved annual operating and capital budgets for information and technology systems.
- Maintain contact with IT suppliers and maintains knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels. Evaluate alternatives, perform appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommend solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
- Manage relationships with vendors for sales, service and support of all information systems and technology. Maintain problem logs, documenting system errors or defects. Serve as the primary contact to software, hardware and network-related vendors, consultants, and partners.
- Responsible for the technology vision and planning process that will regularly evaluate existing technology, information systems, and staffing, research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes.
- Responsible for planning, development, evaluation, coordination and management of the information and technology systems. This includes telephones, data imaging, and office automation.
- Develop and enforce cyber security policy and procedures to ensure the protection of the IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information.
- Oversee the linkage between external technology systems and the Company’s IT resources; including systems for electronic data exchange, as applicable.
- Recommend changes to software applications based on analysis of their impact to all users requirements.
- Gather and analyze changing requirements of users and develop effective and feasible ways to satisfy user requirements.
- Promote and oversee relationships between IT resources and external entities (e.g., government, vendors, researchers, and other health care organizations).
- Ensure that all information systems and networks operate according to internal standards, external standards, regulatory agencies and legal requirements.
- Develop and maintain the systems architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of information systems.
- Coordinate and manage reporting needs and data analysis. Ensure that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of pertinent information required by management to make decisions occur in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and maintain IT business continuity plan and system & data recovery plan.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and communication of systems documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate IS/IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization, including management groups and professional staff.
- Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive user training program. Provide directly or arrange new user training and advanced training for existing users.
Minimum of 10 years of experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of information systems and information technology, direct management of a major IT operation is preferred. Significant experience in technology and information systems planning to support business goals. Experience should also include exposure to both shared and outsourced solutions, as well as support of in-house information and communication systems in a multi-site client-server environment. Specific experience with manufacturing in an environment conforming to Good Manufacturing Practices, financial management, and business intelligence information systems is a plus.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent experience. A Master’s degree in Computer Science, or Business Administration, or related field is highly desirable.
Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management to include an in-depth understanding of the key business issues that exist in the contract manufacturing industry. These include, but are not limited to, knowledge of strategic and operational planning, personnel administration, marketing, financial and cost analysis, and trends in the industry.
- Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management
- Business process analysis and redesign
- Design, management, and operation of managed IT systems
Proven skills in:
- Negotiating with vendors, contractors, and others
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- Planning and organizing
- Management and leadership
Demonstrated ability to:
- Relate to all levels of the user community
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
- Plan, implement and support systems in a complex contract manufacturing environment
- Set and manage priorities
- Comprehend complex, technical subjects
- Translate technical language to lay audiences
- Link and apply complex technologies to business strategies