Intellectual Property Systems Administrator
Job Summary & Objectives
The Intellectual Property (IP) Systems Administrator will work under the direction of the IP Manager. The IP Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining the performance, integrity and security of the firm’s IP software applications while providing services and support in the day to day management of data.
- Analyze IPM data sets, including integrity of field information and audit log activity, on a regular basis to reduce risk.
- Control access permissions and privileges within the IP Practice’s policy and guidelines for all IP software applications. Audit, modify and amend data in system, global changes and/or editing specific records one by one.
- Work closely with the IP Manager, IP Docketing Supervisor and others to ensure understanding and expectations relating to use of IP technology to identify system enhancements to gain maximum advantage of the automation business processes, including workflows within the various IP system.
- Responsible for creating and generating specialized reports by querying from database as per need. Will work closely with the IP Manager in maintaining accurate form letters, email templates and forms, as appropriate.
- Support attorneys and/or management in their expanded use of data within specialized programs such as presentations, portfolio management and report design.
- Work closely with the IP Docket Supervisor and Records Governance to ensure that file transfers to either the client or another law firm has been completed in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Seven (7) years of progressive experience in Intellectual Property.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, including familiarity with docket systems related to management of Intellectual Property records. Experience using Foundation IP highly desirable.
- Ability to retrieve and carry items weighing less than 25 pounds.