Intellectual Property Litigation Paralegal (Reston, VA)
Lucas Group’s law firm client is seeking an experienced IP litigation paralegal for its Northern Virginia office.
- Support the litigation department and attorneys by completing related work for ongoing and active cases
- Develop procedures to maintain the integrity of the cases and related information
- Draft and review legal documents and assist with the timely closure of a case to comply with firm policies and procedures
- Maintain correspondence, pleadings, master file index, and/or litigation directory
- Utilize litigation software
- Assist with document productions
- Coordinating attorney review for relevant and privilege documents and coordinating efforts with appropriate vendors
- Coordinate and liaise with internal resources for support on cases
- Maintain deposition files and databases
- Create deposition exhibit lists
- Assist with the preparation of witnesses for depositions
- Ass with docketing court dates
- Cite check, shepardize and bluebook briefs
- Assist in all aspects of trial preparation
- Supervise and train junior legal assistants
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3+ years of litigation experience
- Patent Prosecution and Trial experience a plus
- Experience with electronic filings and electronic discovery
- Demonstrated knowledge of litigation software such as Relativity
- Experience with case/matter management and/or other database tools and technologies used to manage data and information.
- Strong research skills and proficiency using various research tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Flexibility to travel and work overtime are required
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure
WHY LUCAS GROUP?
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked #3 on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2018.