Intellectual Property Docketing Specialist (Washington, DC)
Our AmLaw 100 Law Firm client is looking for an Intellectual Property Docketing Specialist to join its team in DC. Docketing Specialists at this top-ranked IP law firm perform both domestic and foreign Patent Docketing.
- Print information as required regarding each date entered into docket databases and attach to incoming mail; forward to appropriate parties
- Review all incoming client mail (including U.S. Mail, e-mail, courier packages, faxes) to determine due dates or reminder dates that need to be entered into Firm's computerized docketing database
- Coordinate with attorneys/staff to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Enter all due dates and reminder dates as appropriate into docketing database. Annotate all entries as appropriate.
- Review PTO EFS/TEAS filing receipts, attorney and client and outgoing correspondence and update docketing database accordingly
- Open new matters and input records into database for both foreign and domestic patent and trademark cases; and process requests to transfer cases in and out of the Firm, including updating database
- Processes filings, including clearing due dates and actions from docketing database
- Prepare daily and weekly reports for attorneys and clients as requested
- Prepare daily docket reports and follow up to ensure that they have satisfied all the day's due dates
- Assist other IP Docketing Specialists in double-checking to ensure all dates docketed by that specialist are accurate
- Provide back-up support for other offices as needed
- Open new matters and input records into database for both foreign and domestic patent and trademark cases and process requests to transfer cases in and out of the Firm, including updating database
- Keeps current with USPTO, PCT, and Foreign IP rules and practice
- Associate's Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in computerized docket databases
- Knowledge of foreign and domestic patent procedures and practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
WHY LUCAS GROUP?
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked #3 on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2018.?