- Oversee accurate and timely preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements for the organization’s real estate funds/JV investments.
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting of the investment entities and fund vehicles that own interests in the real estate properties, includes monthly close and general ledger maintenance.
- Manage the external audit process.
- Work closely with asset management and assist in investment fund and JV level cash management and forecasting.
- Process capital calls, partner distributions and investor account statements.
- Assist real estate investment team with acquisitions and dispositions - prorations, settlement statement review, post-close reconciliations, transition books to/from property accounting team.
- Oversee preparation of tax schedules and manage relationship with tax preparer to ensure the timely filing of federal and state tax returns and distribution of K-1s to investors.
- Understand organizational documents and LLC agreements for all investment structures.
- Manage annual compliance process for advisor entities.
- Ensure staff adhere to established policy and procedure
- Create and implement new processes and procedures.
- Manage investor relations.
- Assist with ad-hoc investor and other requests
- 5-10 years’ experience in accounting and financial statement preparation
- 3-5 years real estate accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- CPA preferred
- Strong written communicator
- Organized with very strong attention to detail
- Strong research, analysis, and multi-tasking skills
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Proficiency with Excel and Yardi
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.