Our client is a multi-billion dollar provider of diversified supply chain solutions for a variety of industries. We are partnering with them on their Inventory & Quality Manager opening for their facility along the Illinois & Wisconsin border.
This role is unique as this is a large 3PL facility supporting multiple customers that also provides value-add, packaging, display builds and other light manufacturing activities onsite. We are looking for an experienced leader as the Inventory & Quality Manager will be responsible for oversight of two different teams with a total of around 15 to 20 employees including Supervisors. The primary focus is on the inventory side with oversight of cycle counts & inventory turns. The quality responsibilities are driving process improvements in their ISO 9001 environment. This position offers a base salary, annual bonus, benefits, and relocation (if required).
Inventory & Quality Manager Responsibilities
- Responsible for the performance and employees of both the Inventory Control & Quality Assurance departments.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory and cycle counts for each customer in the DC.
- Hire, train, mentor, and lead a team of Supervisors, hourly employees, and temp labor (seasonally).
- Create and implement policies & procedures related to quality assurance and inventory control.
- Drive continuous improvement and Lean principles within the site.
- Develop and track metrics to evaluate performance.
- Maintain the ISO 9001 certification for the facility.
Inventory & Quality Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Business, Quality, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of leadership in a similar capacity and focus.
- Experience with SAP & Excel is beneficial.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 standards is required.
- Previous tenure in a large 3PL or Distribution Center.