The Inventory Planning Manager role will support Operations and collaborate, as needed across the organization to support the company’s distribution cycle by anticipating future business needs, identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement, and developing & executing strategies to improve efficiencies by optimizing performance and expense. This role gathers and analyzes data to solve highly complex business problems, evaluating multiple scenarios to predict and plan for future outcomes and support decision making.
• Gathers, interprets and acts upon relevant statistical data and draft reports on related issues for presentation to Senior Director, Planning for decisions to be made.
• Ability to lead projects and influence team members for development of requisite materials.
• Lead and provide recommendations for projects and programs that support supply chain initiatives and business optimization strategies.
• Analyzes data to recommend policies and process changes to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize fill rate.
• Deploy technology to address critical business needs.
• Manage relationships with internal partners to keep them informed on distribution perspective and the impact related to supply chain goals.
• Assists in the development of team KPIs and other key metrics and recommend actions for improvement.
• Communicates and acts cross-functionally with business partners internally and externally on new products and general supply chain projects.
• Collaborates effectively across the organization to ensure the execution of company goals are met through strategy and alignment of resources against stated goals.
• Work to expedite, reschedule or revise material shipments to avoid disruptions while preserving ideal
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a cross-functional team.
• Effective organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and handle conflicting priorities.
• Excellent strategic planning skills and inventory management experience
• Strong communication skills, including written, oral, presentation skills and communicate across multiple levels within the company structure.
• Extensive ability to achieve results, demonstrable credibility, influence, integrity and respect internally and externally.
• The ability to influence and persuade others is a strongly desired skill set for this role.
• Broad business experience with service parts planning, forecasting, purchasing and inventory management.
• Knowledgeable in DRP systems (preferably JDA) and ERP systems (preferably JDE)
• APICS CSCP certification, Six Sigma (Green Belt) preferred, and strong statistical knowledge
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Programs, like MS Project, Excel, Access, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint.
• SAS experience