- Assist with the completion of audit activities relating to assurance and advisory engagements, internal and special projects, as assigned by management.
- Works principally with a team, but occasionally may work individually.
- Participates in the risk-based internal audit activities for the organization, which includes reviewing and critiquing governance, risk management, and internal control processes for financial and operational audits as well as coordinated assurance work with the external auditors.
- Work closely with team members, internal audit clients, other audit compliance functions within the organization, as well as external parties where applicable.
- Participate in the successful and timely completion of all engagement planning deliverables.
- Contribute to the discussion and drafting of engagement planning related tasks and documents — risk assessment and scoping, audit planning, and development of audit program and detailed audit procedures.
- Effectively utilize prior year audit work papers, SOX compliance documents, and other relevant documents that may assist with the effective, efficient, and successful completion of all audit planning and fieldwork activities.
- Performs specific audit procedures or tasks as assigned by the engagement lead and/or IA management including walkthrough, test of controls, and audit fieldwork.
- Ensures observations of irregularities, discrepancies and deviations from prescribed procedures and practices are fully supported by the inclusion of relevant evidence and corroborated documented information.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, cost avoidance, and the more efficient utilization of resources.
- Comment on audit observations and risk identification for corrective action are presented and reported clearly and concisely, attending regular status updates on audits, SOX, etc.
- Timely completion of administrative tasks, timekeeping, travel arrangements and T&E reports, etc.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, major in Accounting/Business Administration/Finance or completion/active pursuit of master’s degree in accountancy or similar field.
- Up to 2 years of relevant audit experience in public accounting or internal audit preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of internal control concepts.
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.