International manufacturing / distribution organization headquartered in North Houston seeks an Internal Auditor to add to their team.
Internal Auditor Responsibilities:
• Developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed
• Performing follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues
• Assisting internal audit management with periodic reporting to the audit committee, development of the annual internal audit plan, and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the company
• Identifying business objectives and related risks per process
• Formulating and identifying control and process gaps and creating recommendations for remediation activities
• Evaluating management action plans and performing follow up
• Identifying possible root causes for observed control weaknesses in order to contribute to an enhanced internal control environment
• Creating audit work papers in accordance with professional standards
• Present annual internal audit plan and perform audits of processes and make annual recommendations for improvement.
Internal Auditor Requirements:
• Undergraduate or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA/CIA/CISA designation
• A minimum of 5+ years of public accounting and/or private industry experience in internal controls / internal audit
• Manufacturing or distribution industry experience preferred