Lucas Group has partnered with a $1B+ manufacturing and technology company, who are looking for a Staff Accountant. This is a contract position, with no expected end date. The role will be partially remote, though you will be required to into the office in Irvine for month-end close and as needed.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Reviewing general ledger accounts and preparing and adjusting journal entries
- Performing account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and accruals
- Prepares customer invoices; follow up on past due accounts; requesting payments; reconciling accounts
- Support the Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable teams to ensure balanced workloads in the Accounting Department.
- Accounts Payable support includes, but not limited to:
- Process AP Invoices
- Process check runs and manual checks
- Filing AP invoices, batches and journal entries
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations including:
- Maintain a document filing system
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial employee files
- General Accounting support including account reconciliations and month-end close journal entries
- Perform other related duties as required
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience
- Experience with MAS200 is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Analytical skills, Focus, Accuracy, and Timeliness are paramount qualities