Title: Inside Sales Manager
Reporting to: President of Industrial Products
Generating over $100 million in revenue our PE-backed client (headquartered outside of Columbus, OH) provides innovative and abuse-resistant wire and cable solutions to diversified, high cost of failure applications. For over four decades, our client has been a leading supplier of ruggedized, high-performance solutions designed to withstand abuse from impact, abrasion, continuous flexing, caustic chemicals, and extreme temperatures for a wide range of industries. Our client works closely with its customers to provide specific MRO and OEM supply chain solutions, including custom-designed wire and cable products and in-house engineering expertise.
- Outside sales experience selling industrial/engineered products
- Inside sales experience
- 5+ years of experience managing and developing high performing sales teams.
- Experience working with industrial end user customers and electrical/mechanical distributors
- Proven demonstrated growth of product lines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint,Excel) and CRM systems.
- Experience building relationships with end users and distributors, sales forecasting, expense budget management, opportunity funnel management, sales strategy development, closing deals, and cross-functional collaboration to deliver profitable sales growth.
- Experience coaching and developing sales reps, particularly in soft selling skills, CRM usage, and activity based sales metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Industrial Distribution.
People Development – 50% of Time (Daily)
- Build a high performance team of skilled and driven professionals who consistently beat sales targets.
- Coach sales reps on actions and activities to advance sales opportunities.
- Engage resources to help sales reps advance opportunities.
- Build an open-communication culture inside your team.
Business Management – 30% of Time (Weekly)
- Validate where customers are in their buying cycle and confirm realistic times to close.
- Regularly review and analyze sales and customer reports.
- Perform daily activities (e.g., KPI reviews, customer satisfaction).
- Effectively utilize back office functions to achieve sales targets. (i.e. EPD, training, strategic support, etc)
Strategic Planning – 20% of Time (Monthly)
- Develop an effective and executable sales strategy that aligns with our client’s vision.
- Ensure sales reps are using desired behaviors to execute the sales strategy.
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features or products.
- Strong change agent who objectively breaks with conventional norms to achieve differentiated results.
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving, negotiation, and decision-making skills. Takes ownership, employs fact-based decision-making, and consistently delivers on commitments.
- Excellent collaborator and communicator (oral and written) who proactively and effectively works with other disciplines to drive change and achieve growth targets.
- Can be counted on to exceed goals; consistent top performer; bottom-line oriented; pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services.
- Team-builder and resourceful problem solver, who can motivate and coach sales employees, generate change and work with a diverse group of people.
- Time management-prioritize and identify more critical and less critical activities and tasks; adjusts priorities as appropriate.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with a sense of urgency.
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” to perform at all levels and assist in areas outside of core responsibilities.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communications skills.
- A self-starter who is detail-oriented and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit.