Lucas Group is engaged on a search for an Infrastructure Engineer for a growing CPA firm that provides services to a wide variety of industries in the US and internationally. This is a great opportunity to join an organization on the move; growing both organically and through acquisitions, the company prides itself on not only being diverse but also having an average tenure of 14 years. This is a great place to develop skills and grow your career.
The Infrastructure Support Engineer will be replacing a key member of the team and will be responsible for developing and maintaining the IT infrastructure, provide help desk support for in-office and remote users and maintain and support local IT software. This key role in IT will be influential in the direction the company takes their IT function as he/she will be responsible for the recommendations, support and management of the local IT hardware, licenses and subscriptions for their software.
- Walk users through solutions to solve problems and direct questions to supervisors or specialists when necessary.
- Coordinate and communicate with third party systems and software providers.
- Work with dedicated DAAS/SAAS cloud provider on software and hardware issues, changes, and software updates.
- Document daily tasks, training, and support sessions to better inform the department and organization regarding IT support needs.
- Work in Cloud Admin panel to manage key functions.
- Help design, support and configure SharePoint online based Intranet.
- Stay updated regarding new technology through industry news.
- Provide IT support, training, and orientation for new technology users.
- Offer troubleshooting, support, and repair when IT equipment or networks malfunction.
- Assure all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
Profile & Requirements:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Management, Programming, or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of five years of IT support, IT development and/or IT hardware experience required.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Windows / Office 365
- Experience with MS Teams highly desirable
- SharePoint Online proficiency
- Experience with CPA/Accounting Firm systems for instance CCH (Wolters Kluwer) programs such as Practice Management, ProFX and XCM desirable
- Good knowledge of hardware and printers (pcs, printers, docking stations, etc.)
- Good knowledge of video/voice conferencing and communication equipment.
- Experience with IT equipment purchasing.
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Basic understanding of Citrix based cloud environments.
- Good understanding of networks and networking equipment
- Good understanding of file server creation and maintenance.
- CompTIA A+ certification desirable
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) desirable
- Demonstrates great communication skills, listens carefully, and exercises patience.