* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The primary role of the Maintenance Electrician is to provide leadership within the engineering department in the areas of electrical, mechanical, and control systems design and documentation. The successful Maintenance Electrician will also recommend and implement process improvements, assist engineering management in project development, planning, and installation, and be a resource to all floor engineers and operations personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Design and install PLC control systems and operator interfaces on major projects as well as smaller scale projects. Design, install, and maintain industrial network backbone and data collection systems and maintain backups of all system software.
- Assist engineering department in maintaining standards on: PLC programming, HMI layouts, electrical drawings, communications, data collection and equipment standardization.
- Coordinate trouble response efforts and PM tasks in a timely manner with fellow engineers to maximize uptime. Promote and utilize the Enterprise Asset Management System by following all Infor EAM procedures and expanding individual use of the system.
- Promote a safe and clean working environment by following clean as you go procedures. Ensure that all safety procedures and guidelines are properly adhered to. Inform appropriate management and floor engineers of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved. Attend and participate in all safety, staff, etc. meetings and activities.
· Indirect supervision of contractor work on projects and floor engineers when troubleshooting equipment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Extensive hands-on PLC programming experience including new design and installation startups
· Must thoroughly understand and have experience interfacing PLC’s with: AC/DC and servo drives, instrumentation, sensors, bar code readers, and HMI.
· Experience programming and replacing various operator interfaces including: PanelView, PanelView+, and Red Lion
· Thorough understanding of drive parameters and how to apply them on the plant floor: Entering basic motor nameplate data, 2-wire/3-wire control, dynamic braking, DC Hold, drive tuning, scaling analog inputs and outputs.
· Ability to interpret existing drive wiring and parameters from one brand and retrofit with another
· Ability to develop HMI applications beyond simple buttons and data entry boxes. Examples of this include but are not limited to: utilizing parameter files and a single screen to operate duplicate devices, macro’s, VBA, and various proprietary scripting
· Extensive background with Controls networking: DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, Serial-over-Ethernet, Hart, DH+, RS232, DH485
· Ability to troubleshoot Multi-PLC messaging between different classes of PLC’s: SLC 5/03-4-5, PLC5/40, ControLogix
· Through knowledge of communications software: RSlinx Classic, RSlinx Enterprise, RSNetWorx products, and OPC servers
· Basic understanding of DCOM and computer security
· Ability to provide network troubleshooting using: BOOTP, ARP, PING, ROUTE, IPCONFIG, DHCP, and SNMP
· Good understanding of Ethernet managed switches in a controls environment and basic understanding of routers
· Ability to support SCADA data collection systems used to collect plant floor information.
· Ability to write simple SQL queries against a database within Excel
· Fanuc Robot teach pendant programming, unit load programming, ability to interface Fanuc robots with PLC
· Working knowledge of implementing and tuning PID loops to control industrial processes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Training with PLC, HMI, Visual Basic, Fanuc, etc.
- Strong background in industrial communication with the ability to design, install, and troubleshoot Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, DH+, Hart, RS232, and DH485 etc.
- AutoCAD Mechanical, Electrical, and Inventor drawing skills
- Experience with Client/Server architecture, VM’s, SQL databases, RSSQL, and Ignition by Inductive Automation is a plus
PREFERED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- RSLogic 500 and RSLogix 5000 Programming
- Fanuc Handling Tool or Pallet Tool
- RSview Supervisory Edition