Position: Industrial / Manufacturing Engineer
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for leading and implementing the continuous improvement function within the plant, with primary responsibility of analyzing the current manufacturing state and formulating action plans that drive breakthrough OEE performance.
- Manage cost reduction and efficiency improvement projects that directly impact material yields, product quality, equipment uptime, and labor productivity
- Perform time observation studies to develop standard cost and standard work
- Develop KPIs for major processes and establish/maintain data collection and measurements to measure performance
- Lead Kaizen events composed of cross-functional teams
- Implement and sustain 5S and other Lean best practices
- Support monthly operating reviews by presenting performance against KPIs, root-cause and proposed countermeasures for major deficiencies, and status of completed and ongoing initiatives
- Act as a “Change Agent”, by communicating changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust, and grow with the company’s Lean transformation.
This position requires that the employee have a good understanding and a working knowledge of the manufacturing floor. These principles include the ability to:
- Perform time and motion studies
- Drive Lean transformation utilizing tools such as Standard Work, Value Stream Maps, SMED, Kanban, TPM, etc.
- Directly work with management & production staff to evaluate each operation for improvements opportunities ·
- Run Kaizen continuous improvement sessions
- Train salaried and hourly employees in the implementation of Lean principles and practices
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, or similar Operations or Technical fields from an accredited 4-year university
Minimum 3 to 5+ years’ experience, with a tangible track record of success in a manufacturing environment
Strong communication skills, both in written and verbal form
Ability to work with all levels of the organization – from CEO down to hourly operator level
Specific food or produce industry experience is a plus, but not required