Lucas Group has partnered with a manufacturer in North Atlanta seeking an immediate hire. Industrial Engineer will be responsible for the development and drive of the continuous improvement process that will enhance the method of operation, work standards, and plant productivity metrics.
- Assist in establishing work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization
- Work with various teams to develop Standard Work instructions through time observations and associated visual controls for measuring performance
- Work with operations management to improve performance of staff
- Develop, evaluate, document and improve methods of operations to work area design, process flow and work methods
- Define and document standardized work for each cell.
- Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts and tools
- Standardize parts and processes throughout the facility
- Understanding and incorporating lean manufacturing and manufacturing process improvement for the better of the plant's operations
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS in Industrial Engineering with up to two years experience to include time studies and measurement studies in a manufacturing work environment.
- Computer Skills Including MS Excel, MS Office and Statistical Tools
- No Relocation Assistance Available
- Must be able to commit to full-time 1st shift work scheduled beginning in April with no restrictions