In-House Collections Attorney - Contract-Hire- NYC
Are you interested in joining a specialty finance and alternative funding platform, with a focus in providing capital access to small-medium sized businesses across the US? If so, keep reading below!
You would report directly to the GC!
Having a Financial Services background is a plus!
Beautiful office in an ideal and and convenient location!
- Up to 60/hr. (Contract), DOE
- Up to 150 k Upon Hire, DOE
- 5 + years experience
- Knowledge of collections laws, the CPLR and DOF's computer systems or willingness to learn the systems including the agency's collections related databases
- Legal experience in successfully collecting debt.
- Excellent research, communication and interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to successfully balance multiple assignments and projects and work as part of a team.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and present complicated legal issues in a manner that is simple and readily understandable
- Review, analyze and draft legislation, policies, regulations and statutes
- Prepare and sign legal collection and enforcement documents including executions, information subpoenas and restraining notices. Fully handle mortgage foreclosure matters, surplus money claims, turnover proceedings and any claims.
- Collect debt, including ECB and tax warrant debt and provide legal services in support of debt collections efforts
For immediate consideration, directly apply or send your resume to email@example.com.
I hope to hear from you!