Our client is the global industry leader in providing software, hardware, and services for color measurement & color management. We are proud to be partnering with them on an Import & Export Compliance Manager opening based out of their HQ in Grand Rapids. This is an exciting role for someone with relevant experience and an entrepreneurial mindset as this person will be responsible for the entire department.
The Import & Export Manager will be responsible for working with regulatory agencies globally, logistic partners, customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders to assess trade compliance within the import and export functions. The Import & Export Manager will ensure compliance with agreements, formalize processes, and create best practices. We are looking for someone who enjoys working with freedom from management to handle their work while also knowing that there is organizational support for help resources & investment.
Import & Export Manager Responsibilities
- Stay up-to-date with import and export regulatory changes including tariff schedules, anti-dumping measures, BREXIT, embargos, sanctions, etc.
- Evaluate risk and areas of non-compliance. Drive corrective action to eliminate repeat issues.
- Develop standards for common processes. Create documentation to formalize best practices.
- Interact with cross-functional departments, government agencies, suppliers, and customers on trade compliance matters.
- Maintain files for tariff code classifications, licensing, export regulations, ECCN classification, and origin status.
Import & Export Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor degree is required
- Minimum of 3+ years in import/export and trade compliance
- Able to work independently, willing to be hands-on, and comfortable interacting with others
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze complex agreements
- Proficient with creating standard processes