Lucas group is super excited to partner with our Los Angeles Real Estate client to find their brand new HR Manager, reporting to Director of Human resources. This onsite role will participate in all areas of Human Resources including compliance; performance, data & analytics; employee safety and wellness, employee relations, leaves, workers compensation, and mergers & acquisitions. This position will provide overall HR support to the organization alongside the entire HR Team. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the HR Manager will partner with other members of the HR Team and business leaders to build and execute an HR operational plan and Total Rewards program. The successful candidate must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to think creatively about solutions. This company is progressive and in a great growth space; lots to learn and contribute to.
What you’ll do
- Partner in the development and implementation of HR policies, procedures, and programs, including the creation and delivery of training programs as needed.
- Participate in responding to any company policy incidents, including responding to employees when questions come up, conduct investigations for violations where vital.
- Assist HR Management Team with handling any employee relations, performance improvement discussions, termination meetings when vital and documentation as needed, and assist with annual performance review program.
- Analyze HR data to uncover areas of opportunity and metrics to drive accountability and to prepare special reports on HR Metrics and analysis as assigned.
- Work directly with staff and managers in all Workers Compensation and Workplace Safety incidents, Leave of Absence matters, and support compliance with laws/regulations and standard methodologies and practices with an approach that aligns with our service company culture.
- Work closely with recruiting, HR, and business decision-makers to access, analyze and summarize data to craft HPP’s strategic position human capital goals.
- Participate in Company safety programs and health and wellness initiatives.
- Respond to Government Agencies in response to Employment matters and annual reporting.
- Participate in new hire, re-hire, and employee termination paperwork processes, participate in onboarding discussions, and exit interviews when needed.
- Participate in the development of the HRIS system, providing support and testing to the HRIS team members when necessary.
- Establish and maintain orderly, compliant, and detailed employee personnel files.
- Participate in mergers and acquisitions.
- Assist with HR team with employee engagement programs (recognition, surveys, resource groups) as needed.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required.
- 5-7 years Human Resources Generalist experience with developed compliance and investigation experience.
- Knowledge of Human Resources administration policies and procedures required particularly in Recordkeeping systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all Federal and State laws to support compliance with all government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, etc.
- Excellent digital literacy and demonstrated a solid understanding of computers and software including MS Windows, Word, including Excel solid understanding able to produce VLOOKUP, If/Then formulas, and Pivot Tables frequently with ease.
- Demonstrated ability to build evaluation methods and reports.
- Very flexible, proactive, highly organized, and able to shift priorities, multi-task, and handle heavy workflow processing under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work under stress and handle challenging priorities while staying focused and meeting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
- Solid verbal/written communication skills, with the ability to interact well with all levels of the corporation.
- Polished professional demeanor with strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- True problem solver that works towards building trust within the department and with all company staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and follow through to complete tasks.
- Ability to travel 25%
Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Client Industry: Real Estate
Lucas Group ID: 1586299