TITLE: Human Resources Manager
LOCATION: San Joaquin County, CA - outer suburb of the Bay Area
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Yes
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: 4
Lucas Group ID: 1570971
Our client has partnered with the Lucas Group to find a fantastic Human Resource Manager to join their food processing plant. This 24/7 environment offers a fantastic opportunity to help promote a positive and productive culture. Must have degree, manufacturing experience (food preferred), union experience, some safety experience and ability to come in and help a great environment. Must LOVE manufacturing plants; it’s a walk the floor environment wearing a uniform, hair net and being part of the group. Their long term Plant Manager is retiring so bringing in a new Plant Manger in March; great opportunity to help build a new culture. Great salary and bonus for this area, with strong benefits and perks!
Looking for the right person to:
- Play a key role in driving the company's succession management, organizational design, and leadership development and assessment.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to the HR department team members.
- Recommend, implement, and support employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Ensure facility compliance with all existing state and federal government employment laws.
- Conduct Frontline Leadership Training with managers, supervisors, and group leaders using internal and external curriculum.
- Oversee the execution of the plant technical training program in conjunction with the plant Technical Manager.
- Establish and lead the recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce while personally driving the recruiting process for exempt and non-exempt level positions.
- A Bachelor's Degree in HR, Organizational Development, or other similar disciplines
- Six (6) years of progressive leadership experience as an HR Supervisor, HR Business Partner, or HR Manager within a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive experience in employment law, labor relations, safety, and training.
- A Master’s Degree in Labor Relations, HR Management, or OD including a PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP (and SCP) certification.
- Experience in a 24/7 dairy or food manufacturing environment with leadership over HR generalist, safety lead, and administrative roles.
- Experience working with a union workforce.
Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom line results.
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs.