TITLE: Human Resources Manager
LOCATION: San Joaquin County, CA - outer suburb of the Bay Area 95376
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Yes
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: 4
Lucas Group ID: 1570971
Our client has partnered with the Lucas Group to find a fantastic Human Resource Manager to join their food processing plant. This 24/7 environment offers a fantastic opportunity to help promote a positive and productive culture. Must have degree, manufacturing experience (food preferred), union experience, some safety experience and ability to come in and help a great environment. Must LOVE manufacturing plants; it’s a walk the floor environment wearing a uniform, hair net and being part of the group. Their long term Plant Manager is retiring so bringing in a new Plant Manger in March; great opportunity to help build a new culture. Great salary and bonus for this area, with strong benefits and perks!
Looking for the right person to:
- Play a key role in driving the company's succession management, organizational design, and leadership development and assessment.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to the HR department team members.
- Recommend, implement, and support employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Ensure facility compliance with all existing state and federal government employment laws.
- Conduct Frontline Leadership Training with managers, supervisors, and group leaders using internal and external curriculum.
- Oversee the execution of the plant technical training program in conjunction with the plant Technical Manager.
- Establish and lead the recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce while personally driving the recruiting process for exempt and non-exempt level positions.
- A Bachelor's Degree in HR, Organizational Development, or other similar disciplines
- Six (6) years of progressive leadership experience as an HR Supervisor, HR Business Partner, or HR Manager within a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive experience in employment law, labor relations, safety, and training.
- A Master’s Degree in Labor Relations, HR Management, or OD including a PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP (and SCP) certification.
- Experience in a 24/7 dairy or food manufacturing environment with leadership over HR generalist, safety lead, and administrative roles.
- Experience working with a union workforce.
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions, and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 16 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.