Title: Human Resources Generalist
Lucas Group Job ID: 1574486
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Travel: up to 50% a week
Role Overview: Lucas Group partnered with one of our long-time retail clients to fill a brand-new Human Resources Generalist role added to enhance their Employee Relations effort. The role will sit in the downtown Los Angeles warehouse and support the Chatsworth warehouse. The emphasis of this role is employee relations, onboarding, compliance, and safety. Must have front line mentality, and have direct experience from warehouse, distribution, or supply chain environments.
Focused responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Execute proactive employee engagement programs to ensure high levels of management credibility and business performance.
- Provide direction to the bench development process for all team members including performance management, career development and workforce planning
- Support regional recruiting for front-line positions that delivers full compliance, strong diversity, and effective selection
- Leverage Leadership Development and other training options to improve leadership capability to drive business growth
- Provide counsel and support to managers and employees of ongoing HR initiatives and projects
Key qualifications include:
- Ability and willingness to travel each week (up to 50%)
- Experience working within a warehouse or distribution center strong desired
- 3+ years’ experience in a human resources coordinator/generalist role in a progressive HR department
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong business acumen and HR experience with a proven track record as a HR partner in an operations environment
- Experience in proactive employee relations, recruitment, and staffing
- Employee relations including fact finding, managing conflicts, and developing win/win solutions is desired
- Ability to lead though influence in a collaborate environment
- Knowledge of state and federal employment law including HR technical knowledge of EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker’s compensation
Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom line results.
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs.