Lucas Group has partnered with a manufacturing and retail brand on their search for an HR Director. They are a well established employee owned company with 150 facilities in the west. This is a great HR team and an exciting opportunity and the company has a great culture. This person will report to the Head of HR and have a team of 5 people reporting to it. This is a strategic role and will interact with the C-Suite and The Board. We need someone who can take a project, develop it, roll it out, train on it and measure the results
Scope of Responsibilities:
· Developing, establishing, and periodically assessing Human Resources policies, practices and procedures and HR operating policies and procedures.
· Responsible for the successful execution of designated projects from the annual HR Strategy plan, ensuring key milestones are achieved and projects are delivered on time and within budget. Includes organizing appropriate resources inside and outside the department, tracking project progress, and reporting status and results to the VP of HR and company leaders.
· Responsible for the company's recruitment and retention strategy.
· Responsible for the company’s performance management process, including performance improvement and development plan processes.
· Ensuring that employee relations matters are promptly and effectively addressed throughout the company.
· Recruiting, training, supervising, coaching, motivating, retaining developing, and evaluating HR staff.
· Overseeing and supporting the administration of company health and welfare plans.
· Manages, analyzes, and communicates to leadership key employee data and management information.
· Maintains business relationships in order to successfully and effectively provide positive and engaging customer service to employees and managers.
· Working closely with internal and external legal and business advisors and service providers.
· Ensuring that a customer service orientation and commitment to accuracy permeate the HR function.
· Keeping current with HR-related laws and regulations, and emerging policies and practices.
· Ensuring that Human Resources operating policies and procedures comply with relevant laws, regulations, and financial and strategic objectives.
· Ensuring that Human Resources records and data management complies with security, confidentiality, and records retention requirements.
Initiates and takes part in activities to support The company as an employer of choice.
- Bachelor's degree in HR Management, Labor Relations, Business, Administration, Psychology or a related field, with a concentration in Human Resources, and a current Professional Credential in Human Resources is desired.
- Ten years of well-rounded, increasingly responsible experience in Human Resources and at five to eight years of experience in a senior-level HR position with supervisory experience.
- Specialty Retail and/or Wholesale industry experience with multi-unit experience. Has worked in organizations with + 1,000 employees with +$300 million in sales that have a lot of moving parts preferred
- Extensive experience and working knowledge with California Labor Laws. Multi-state labor law experienced preferred (Texas a plus).
- High comfort level with using technology and know-how to leverage those tools towards the company's human resources goals.
- High level of integrity, honesty, and credibility with senior management, directors, supervisors, managers and all staff will be key to success.
- Labor relations and collective bargaining experience is a plus.
- Experience in creating program structure, content, and measurements to analyze success.
- Excellent analytical, communication, organization, facilitation, and time management skills.
- Possess good problem-solving skills and decision-making skills.
- Superior listening skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse, team-oriented environment.
- Valid driver’s license, a safe driving record, ability to travel to off-site locations as business needs dictate.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- BA Degree
- 10 Years Experience in HR, 5 years as a Sr. Leader
Title: HR Director
Location: Walnut Creek
Client Industry: Manufacturing and Retail
Lucas Group ID: