Title: Human Resource Generalist
Location: Houston, TX
Employment Type: Perm
Lucas Group Job ID: #1571387
Travel: Yes, 25%
Role Overview: A Human Resources Generalist needed to provide support and guidance to a growing, privately held midstream client in the areas of HR policy administration, recruiting, training, benefits, discipline & performance counseling.
- Requires critical thinking and the ability to manage competing priorities in order to meet the needs of client groups.
- Use effective conflict resolution techniques to solve employee/supervisor and employee/employee problems with minimal supervision. Includes counseling management and building consensus on complex and sensitive issues.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Administer employee benefits, which may include collecting and submitting employee information and notice of change in status to health, dental, life, disability, and other insurance carriers.
- Administration of Short Term, Long Term and Workers Compensation Leave.
- Performs administrative and recordkeeping tasks related to staffing changes, which may include resignations, terminations, and leaves of absence.
- Respond to personnel inquiries regarding HR policies and procedures.
- Oversee, track and process payroll changes semi-monthly.
- Prior experience working in ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- General familiarity with state and federal labor and employment law with requirements to equal employment opportunity, wage & hour and disability leave management.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and operate in a fast-paced environment
- PHR or SHRM – CP preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years direct experience in an HR Generalist role, or similar role supporting a dedicated client group and recruitment activities.
- Strong attention to detail, proficiency with numbers, policies and procedures, proofreading and editing.
- Occasional travel to plants and worksites as needed
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs.
Our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom line results.